When you are actively looking for a new job, whether it’s due to decisions outside your control or you’ve decided it’s time to move on from your current employer, the process can feel daunting.
There are often a range of thoughts, doubts and challenges confronting a person during the job search process.
- I’ve been in my job for so long I don’t know where to start
- I don’t know if my resume and LinkedIn are right
- I’ve been applying for jobs but not getting any bites
- I don’t want to be rejected
The recruitment process can make you feel highly vulnerable as you’re putting yourself out to market and asking for validation of your experience. If you’re not presenting your skills and experience as well as you could, or your applying for the wrong jobs, it can make things even harder. You can increase your chance of success in these 7 steps:
- Understand your strengths, skills and experience
- Identifying the value you offer an organisation
- Be able to articulate those two things clearly
- Be strategic in choosing which roles to apply for
- Create a resume and LinkedIn profile that’s tailored to your market
- Use your network to open doors
- Build your confidence and skills for job interviews
Services and Process
A WiserCareer specialist career coach can guide you through a structured process to help with career transition, enhanced by extensive career resources. You career coach works one to one with you, either in person or via videoconference, with sessions at agreed intervals. Depending on your circumstances, programs may include:
- Telling your career story
- Identifying your strengths, skills and experience
- Identifying your target industry and employers
- Developing your BBQ pitch
- Resume & LinkedIn review (to work with a resume writer see our Resume & Linkedin writing service)
- Design your job search & networking strategy
- Making it happen
- Interview preparation
Location & Fees
In person sessions: are available in Sydney and Melbourne.
Videoconference sessions: are available Australia wide.
Typically we recommend five sessions to cover all elements of a successful career change, although programs can be tailored to your needs.
Sessions are $295 (incl GST) per 1 hour sessions.
All assessments and resources included in the per session fee.
If you would like to have an initial consultation to discuss your requirements (free of charge)